Part II

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Implementing and Applying Technology in the Classroom

Through the course of this class, I have been able to add a multitude of tools into my bag of tricks. The top thing that I will pull away from this  is the Webquest. I have never seen anything like it and will want to use it in the future. It will help students get acquainted with using a computer, being independent about their own studies, and learning things online that they may have never gotten the chance to learn. The other thing that I cannot wait for, is to have a smartboard in my classroom one day. While I have been observing a classroom all semester I have noticed that my observing teacher does not use her smartboard to it's full advantage at all.  If I had one I would use it throughout the day. For example, I could put everyone's names on the smartboard and when they get to class they walk up and circle their name, or check it, etc. This would let me know who is and isn't here. That is just a small example of it's uses. The possibilities are endless. It's important to remember that technology is a resource that we can use as a tool and that we have control over how we use it. I've learned this through the textbook, that it's uses are endless but there is a slippery slope with letting students use it. This is where good classroom management would come in handy. Have a great weekend!

Amanda Payne

Happy Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment

From present to future

Priest Lake